<font face="Comic Sans MS">What size wig will fit American Girl Dolls?</font>
I have seen several posts regarding re-wigging, particularlarly after the Elizabeth fiasco.
I love changing my doll's appearance, and it is quite easy to do.
If you are new to this, you may want to check:
http://www.justmagicdolls.com/articles/rewig/rewig.htm
In there you will find addresses to some very fine wig providers.
www.monique.com
www.globaldolls.com
www.miniworlddolls.com
www.dollsupply.com
I have purchased from Monique and from miniworld and am satisfied with both, regarding price and quality.
Hope this helps,
Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]
<font face="Comic Sans MS">What size wig will fit American Girl Dolls?</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">11.5Originally posted by Kaileyfan1:
<font face="Comic Sans MS">What size wig will fit American Girl Dolls?</font>
Size 11 fits okay but is tighter and size 12s are looser but fit fine too. A perfect factory size fit is 11.5.
Thanks for posting these sites. The thought of rewigging a doll scares the bejeezus out of me, but I just might have to in order to get a "real" Elizabeth...
I gotta ask, though - Ana, why do you have a wilting flower next to your name?
- Becca
Howdy again!
Some of the wigs also have a velcro tab on the inside, so you can buy one size and adjust to a bit smaller by tightening it. Those from miniworld have this tab.
On another topic: Becca, I did not pick the icon as a wilting flower (despite the name) but because it reminds me of snowdrops, one of my favorite flowers, which in turn reminds me of home (a.k.a. Massachusetts)
[img]smile.gif[/img]
See ya!
Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If rewigging scares you, get a doll with a bad haircut off eBay. They show up ALOT and they seldom go over 30-40 bucks. If you fail, it's a much smaller loss. And heck, they had bad hair before, you can't make it much worse! [img]smile.gif[/img]Originally posted by Becca B.:
Thanks for posting these sites. The thought of rewigging a doll scares the bejeezus out of me, but I just might have to in order to get a "real" Elizabeth..
I've done rewigging, eye repairs, lash replacements, re-limbing, repainting, and so forth. None of it is terribly hard (except eye replacements/repairs involving eye removal) if you do your homework and be patient.
Svenson House is another source of wigs.
Ana, I went to dollsupply.com and picked out WTA3. It is the one with dark curly hair like my youngest dd. Would that work for an ag doll? Would you get a size 11 or 12?
Bookmarks